Woodcock Limited Local Chapters
We currently have chapters established in the following areas:
Woodcock Limited of Pennsylvania was founded in 2007 as the first state chapter of Woodcock Limited. It has been actively engaged in hands-on habitat work and public outreach since its inception.
New England Chapter
Woodcock Limited of New England was founded in 2012 as the first regional chapter of Woodcock Limited. The chapter’s main focus has been on education and public outreach. In this endeavor, they were instrumental in the publishing of Talking about Young Forests, A Communication Handbook.
Woodcock Limited of Louisiana was founded in 2013. The chapter has successfully lobbied for the reopening of woodcock hunting in several national wildlife management units and in addition to creating habitat, looks to expand hunting opportunities for woodcock wherever appropriate.
Start a Chapter in Your Area
As a young conservation group, Woodcock Limited is looking to increase chapters in the following territories that are along our favorite gamebirds’ migratory routes:
- Maritime Canada-Quebec and New Brunswick Provinces
- New England-Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island
- Mid-Atlantic-New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware
- Southeast-Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia
- Central Canada-Ontario Province
- Great Lakes-Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan
- Central Region-Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia
- South Central-Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi
Woodcock management regions, primary breeding range, and singing ground survey coverage.
SOURCE: Wildlife Mgmt. Institute’s American Woodcock Conservation Plan.